An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.
-George Santayana

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Clay Story

There is a dresser next to my bed. This dresser is plain and white with two drawers. The bottom drawer holds my bathing suits in the summer months and my scarves in the winter. The top drawer is a special drawer. It holds memories. This drawer is a special place for me to put things that are important to me. It holds items that remaind me of special people that have come in and out of my life. Everything in the small box reminds me of past and present friends, people, and family. My drawer holds pictures, jewelry, and handmade crafts that are all very special to me. A wooden boat and a jewelry box sit in the front left hand corner of the drawer. I made the boat and box with my grand pop was I was younger. After my grand pop died 3 years ago today on April 8, 2011, I decided to put the wooden crafts in my drawer to remember all of fun times that I had with my Grandpop. Resting on the other side of my drawer is a small envelope of pictures of my past and present friends. My friends have changes throughout the years. The picutres are a reminder of all of the people who have come in and out of my life. And finally, I have a box of birthday cards, jewelry, and pictures from my family that I have collected over the years. I keep these to remind myself who helped shape me into the person I am today. 
Who knew that a drawer could hold so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment