An artist is a dreamer consenting to dream of the actual world.
-George Santayana

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Bike Drawing

Bikes! Pretty easy to ride, pretty difficult to draw! When drawing the bike,  I had to learn to shade and put different values on different parts of the bike. The hardest part of the bike to draw was all of the gears. It was very difficult to make it look like metal and three dimensional. I was very surprised at the end when my bike actually turned out looking like a bike! I knew it would look like one but I did not think I could make it look as realistic as it was.  I was most proud of the petal in the back of the bike. Even though it was not the most predominant part of my drawing, I thought it was the most realistic part. I found it very difficult to put value on the metal. It was hard to put a lot of value on it but still try to make it look metallic. I this picture is a day by day collage of my bike drawing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment